The Palace Hotel sunimagesdownload000870.jpg sunimagesdownload000886.jpg sunimagesdownload000888.jpg sunimagesdownload000900.jpg sunimagesdownload000939.jpg sunimagesdownload000996.jpg sunimagesdownload001030.jpg sunimagesdownload001063.jpg sunimagesdownload004520.jpg sunimagesdownload004530.jpg sunimagesdownload004536.jpg sunimagesdownload000894.jpg sunimagesdownload004538.jpg sunimagesdownload004543.jpg sunimagesdownload004689.jpg sunimagesdownload004691.jpg sunimagesdownload005048.jpg sunimagesdownload007603.jpg
The Palace Hotel
The Palace Hotel is founded on the site of an extinct volcano amid a lush tropical wilderness with the impressive Pilanesberg mountains as its backdrop. Also known as The Palace of the Lost City, this sumptuous five-star Hotel is inspired by a mythical African tribe, and its reputation as a destination of choice for those of discerning tastes is well-earned. Fit for royalty, the sheer scale the Palace Hotel will no doubt have you speechless. From the ornate flame-lit towers to the abundant water features and hanging gardens, from the dazzling frescoes to the intricately mosaiced floors, from the many stone carvings to the enthralling bronze sculptures of lion, elephant, cheetah, antelope, birds and so on by artist Danie de Jager, every aspect of the Palace of the Lost City has been designed to conjure up an opulent jungle fantasy. This internationally fabled Hotel provides guests various accommodation options, from luxury twin rooms to superior luxury pool facing rooms, from resplendent junior suites to a stately king suite, complete with a private butler. Wheelchair accessible rooms are also available. Rates include a free Wi-Fi and a full English buffet breakfast served daily at the Crystal Court. The Palace Hotel is an idyllic base from which to explore all that Sun City and its surrounds have to offer. Take your African adventure to new heights with a hot air balloon safari over the greater Pilanesberg area or embark on a guided game drive for a more “up close and personal” encounter with the Big 5 and other resident wildlife of the Pilanesberg Game Reserve. Indulge your penchant for the mystical with a leisurely stroll through the Maze of the Lost City. Marvel at the trompe l’oeil of leopards peering through tropical foliage in the exquisite Villa del Palazzo. Enjoy hours of endless fun at the Valley of the Waves or keep in shape with some laps of the Olympic-sized swimming pool. Stay up to par with a round of the Lost City Golf Course, designed by legendary golfer Gary Player, followed by a lavish High Tea. Stay looking your best with a trip to the luxurious Royal Spa. No matter how you choose to spend your time at the Palace Hotel, you can rest assured your every whim will be catered for by the ever-attentive staff.
Sun City lies within the greater Pilanesberg area just one-and-a-half hour’s drive from Johannesburg and is ideally positioned for easy access to Pilanesberg National Park, a certified malaria-free game area.
|Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|Description||4 Jan 2018 |
to 30 Nov 2018
|Luxury Twin / Paraplegic • Single||4 720|
|Luxury Twin / Paraplegic • Double||5 110|
|Superior Luxury • Single||5 585|
|Superior Luxury • Double||5 975|
|Superior Luxury Family • Single||5 945|
|Superior Luxury Family • Double||6 335|
|Superior Luxury Pool Facing • Single||5 915|
|Superior Luxury Pool Facing • Double||6 305|
|Junior Suite • Single||6 450|
|Junior Suite • Double||6 840|
|Superior Suite • Single||9 690|
|Superior Suite • Double||10 080|
|Royal Suite • Single||29 370|
|Royal Suite • Double||29 760|
|African / King Suite • Single|| |
|African / King Suite • Double||41 640|
|Rate Schedule for 04 JANUARY 2018 - 30 NOVEMBER 2018 INC|
|Description||4 Night Stay 1 or |
More Hotel Double
|4 Night Stay 1 or |
More Hotel Single
|5 Night Stay 1 or |
More Hotel Double
|5 Night Stay 1 or |
More Hotel Single
|Luxury Twin / Paraplegic|| |
|4 255|| |
|Superior Luxury|| |
|4 985|| |
|Superior Luxury Family|| |
|Superior Luxury Pool Facing|| |
|Junior Suite|| |
|Superior Suite|| |
|Royal Suite|| |
|African / King Suite||37 535||37 145||35 190||34 800|
A minimum of 2 nights stay is required when staying on any of the following dates:
27, 28, Apr '18 inc., or 28, 29 Apr '18 inc
A minimum of 3 nights stay is required when staying on any of the following dates:
01 Jan ’18 inc., or 31 Dec ’17 , 01 & 02 Jan ’18 inc
30, 31 Mar & 01 Apr '18 inc., or 31 Mar, 01 & 02 Apr '18 inc., or 01, 02, 03 Apr ’18 inc
26, 27, 28 Apr '18 inc
21, 22, 23 Sep '18 inc., or 22, 23, 24 Sep '18 inc., or 23, 24, 25 Sep ’18 inc
The Palace has a total of 338 spacious rooms decorated with a distinctly African feel. Each room has an honour bar, safe and a multi-channel TV. Other in-room amenities at the Palace include air-conditioning, ceiling fans and 24-hour in-room dining. The magnificent Palace of the Lost City at Sun City is a fairytale African palace that towers over the scenic valley. Visible from almost anywhere on the resort, The Palace of the Lost City’s unique towers with elephant tusk embellishments are a symbol of the true luxury and splendor that the hotel offers.
Legend has it that an ancient civilisation from North Africa journeyed South to build a palace for their much-loved King. They stopped in long-extinguished volcano crater a veritable cradle of life. A place where weird and wonderful creatures, both great and small, roamed free amidst glittering streams and dreamy waterfalls. Here, they built a magnificent palace to befit the surroundings; their King was well-pleased. And so, the palace served as the spiritual centre of their vast empire until an earthquake reduced it to ruins. Now, restored in form and rejuvenated in spirit, The Palace of the Lost City is a modern day marvel that will make your journey, legendary.
The Palace of the Lost City is part of The Leading Hotels of the World. The Leading Hotels of the World brand is internationally recognized as the definitive mark of excellence in hospitality. The Palace lavishes its guests with 5-star service, and is luxurious in every detail. All four suites are breathtakingly opulent. From the distinctive grandeur of the African Suite to the unforgettable King Suite, resplendent in its maple paneling, delicately fresco-ed ceilings and stunning panoramas over the Lost City. Each exquisite suite revels in the magic of this remarkable place. Here and there, artistic flourishes burst with life. Each room and suite offers royal hospitality with wonderful views over water or jungle. All benefit from a personal touch. The Palace has 338 rooms inclusive of four deluxe suites.
Luxury Twin Rooms
- 151 - 2 x single adjoining beds of which 25 rooms inclusive of 4 twin adjoining luxury suites
Superior Luxury Rooms
- 109 - 52 1 x king size bed with curved sofa
- 26 - 2 x single beds. 32 1 x king size bed
Superior Luxury Family Rooms
- 55 - 1 x king size bed with convertible couch inclusive of 3 x paraplegic rooms
- 2 children maximum (age twelve and under)
- 1 x KING SUITE (KS) 2 bedrooms with king size beds, 2 bathrooms and cloakroom
- 3 x LUXURY SUITES (SU) 2 bedrooms with king size beds, 2 bathrooms and cloakroom (Desert, Royal and African)
- 6 x SUPERIOR SUITES (SS) 1 bedroom with king size bed, lounge, convertible couch, and two bathrooms
- 6 x JUNIOR SUITES (JS) 1 bedroom with king size bed, convertible couch, lounge, one bathroom and a cloakroom.
Standard Room Features | Amenities
| || |
There are a number of facilities and activities available to all Sun City Resort residents, irrespective of which hotel you staying at. From 18 holes on one of our two golf courses to a day of fun at the Valley of Waves or a relaxing spa treatment and an evening safari – there is something for everyone!
The Valley of Waves
|The Welcome Centre is located at the entrance to the Entertainment Centre. It offers services ranging from booking and confirming bus tickets, flights, car hire, game drives and all other adventure activities. Computicket is also located here for theatre, cinema and concert tickets.||The Valley of Waves is the central feature of Sun City. It is one of the most advanced water parks in the world, dominated by the Roaring Lagoon, a wave pool with a palm-fringed beach. All Resort residents enter the park free of charge by presenting their resident cards. Day visitors pay an entrance fee to the park.|
The Entertainment Centre
The hub of entertainment and gaming at Sun City, the Entertainment Centre has a variety of restaurants and bars, a kid's games arcade, cinema and the well known Superbowl which has hosted world famous artists. A number of stores can be found here to suit your every need. The slots only Casino is also located at the Entertainment Centre and offers the latest in Smart Card operated machines.
Gary Player Health Spa
|This ultra luxurious health spa is located at the Gary Player Country Club and is the perfect setting to relax and enjoy a wide range of hair and beauty treatments, hydro bath, Vichy Shower, spa-pool and steam room. The fully equipped gym also offers personal trainers.||The Royal Salon is located on the second floor of The Palace of the Lost City Hotel. A top team of stylists are on hand as well as beauty therapists for manicures, pedicures and facials. Massages are offered either at The Palace Pool Deck or in the comfort of your room.|
The Gary Player Golf Club | Course
The Lost City Golf Club | Course
|The Gary Player Country Club overlooks the magnificent Gary Player Golf Course. This world renowned course was designed by Gary Player, and is the home of the Nedbank Golf Challenge, an annual golf tournament held at the resort. This is an 18 hole, par 72 walking course, with a 5km running trail along the course. The Gary Player Country Club incorporates a Pro Shop, a health spa and gymnasium, two squash courts and a spinning studio.||This state-of-the-art clubhouse is a short walk from The Palace of the Lost City. The Lost City Golf Course was also designed by famed South African golfing figure, Gary Player. This spectacular par-72 course is a cart course, features a water hazard of 20 live Nile crocodiles on the 13th hole and offers facilities such as a driving range, and golf Pro Shop.|
| || |
|The Palace of the Lost City Hotel is set in the stark ruggedness of the North West Region of South Africa, and is surrounded by mountains and the untamed majesty of the African bushveld. It is a wedge-shot away from the Pilanesberg National Park, where elephants, rhinos, lions and antelope roam freely.|| |
Drink in the view while sipping a cocktail by the pool or in the gracious Tusk Bar. Then succumb to the culinary splendor of the Crystal Court or Villa del Palazzo, where you can sample signature dishes from Michelin star chef Conrad Gallagher. It’s no wonder business is pleasure at The Palace, with luxurious banqueting and conferencing facilities ranging from the sumptuously appointed Council Room, to the sub-divisible ballroom of the Entertainment Centre. All the technical wizardry you need is on hand, and our experienced conference staff is always one step ahead. This, after all, is The Palace and you can expect nothing less than being treated like royalty.
The Crystal Court
Exquisitely prepared international cuisine, the Crystal Court is surrounded by towering floor-to-ceiling windows, which provide an excellent view of the tropical jungle and shimmering waters. The Gold room, a small room inside the Crystal Court room where you can privatize for dinner. Live piano and entertainment on weekends.
The Tusk Bar Lounge
Hand-carved teak tusks soar above this beautifully designed lounge to provide a casual, relaxed atmosphere for drinks. There is live piano music in the evenings.
Villa del Palazzo
Italian cuisine is the specialty of this magnificent waterside restaurant, which overlooks the pool. Dinner is served nightly.
Palm Court Lounge
An elegant lounge adjoining the à la carte Villa del Palazzo, offering pre-dinner and after dinner drinks.
Pool Braai Buffet & Snack Bar
Situated next to the Grand Pool, light lunches are served daily, weather permitting.
Pool Cocktail Bar
A relaxing pool-side bar in the cool shade of a pavilion. Exotic African Cocktails served daily.
TOUR SERIES, LEISURE & MICE GROUPS:
A minimum of 2 nights stay is required over weekends, i.e. Friday and Saturday night. Requests for Thursday and Friday or Saturday and Sunday night stays will be evaluated and is subject to availability
- Rates are quoted per room, per night, inclusive of the following:
- Full English Breakfast
- VAT at 14% (subject to change)
- 1% Tourism Levy applicable on the accommodation portion of the rate
- Complimentary entry into the Valley of waves and shuttle services within the resort.
- Children 18 years and under sharing a Superior Luxury Family room with one or two adults (limited to two children per room) are accommodated free of charge including 2 Children’s Breakfast.
- A single adult with 1 or 2 children 18 years and under sharing a Superior Luxury Family room will be charged the single room rate inclusive of Breakfast for 2 Children.
- A single adult with 1, 2 or 3 children 18 years and under sharing a Superior Luxury Family room will be charged the single room rate inclusive of Breakfast for 2 Children & the 3rd Child will pay 50% of the breakfast price listed below.
SUITES: All Suites can accommodate children as per the above policy, subject to General Manager’s approval.
CHILDREN’S BUFFET MEALS
- 0 – 2 years - No charge
- 3 – 12 years - 50% of adult rate
- 13 – 18 years - Full Adult rate
THIRD ADULT POLICY:
A third adult cannot be accommodated in any room type.
Breakfast English: R300, Continental: N/A
Lunch Cost : N/A , Menu: N/A
Dinner Cost : N/A , Menu: A La Carte
- The rates are quoted per room, per night in South African Rand
- Sun International reserves the right to amend the rates to reflect any adjustments to the rate and to VAT levied or any levies imposed by the government or levied by any other body.
- Day use rooms are available subject to the discretion of the Hotel Management.
FREE OF CHARGE (FOC) / TOUR LEADER POLICY:
- The following discounts will be granted for guests who reside in the same hotel as the group.
- In respect to those accompanying 15-29 full-paying guests, one complimentary single room on a bed and breakfast basis
- In respect to those accompanying 30-69 full-paying guests, two complimentary single rooms on a bed and breakfast basis
- In respect to those accompanying 70 or more full-paying guests, three complimentary single rooms on a bed and breakfast basis
- The complimentary rooms can be used for tour leaders, bona fide local tour guides, drivers and/or charter flight crew members or as a discount against the group account.
TOUR LEADER MEALS
- These meals are to be taken at the same restaurant / function venue as the group. This excludes beverages and meals at concessionaire restaurants / venues.
- The number of tour leaders / guides who qualify for complimentary meals will be based on the same number of complimentary rooms for tour leaders / guides as per the policy above.
- The dedicated tour leader/ guide must be clearly identified on the rooming list submitted prior to arrival.
- Complimentary buffet or set menu lunch and/or dinner pre-booked with the Hotel Event Manager will be granted for bona fide tour leaders/guides when accompanying the group for the duration of groups stay.
- Rates designated as DOUBLE are applicable to two adults sharing a room, while rates designated as SINGLE under the same heading are applicable to a single adult occupying a room.