Tambotie Forest Lodge
Tamboeti Forest Lodge Slide
Nestled in the Black Rhino Game Reserve, forming part of the Pilanesberg National Park, guests will find three individual, elegant and spacious lodges offering 57 000 hectares of fauna and flora to explore. This self catering lodge is ideal for a family or a group of people looking to experience the Big 5 in a private and exclusive setting. Our safari lodge is serviced daily, includes a qualified ranger and a 10-seater safari vehicle.
- Big 5 Game Reserve
- 4 Elegant Suites
- 2.5 hours from Johannesburg
- Exclusive use Entire Lodge
The Tambotie Forest Lodge is undergoing renovations from the 1st May 2021 and they are reopening on the 12th July.
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rands • Subject to availability•|
|TAMBOTIE FOREST LODGE (sleeps 8 + 4 children under 10)||1 Jan to 30 Apr 2021|
|Midweek rate per night Sundays-Thursdays ( LOW)||R9 900|
|Fridays,Saturday’s, public holidays,School holidays & long weekends (HIGH)||R11 500|
|TAMBOTIE FOREST LODGE (sleeps 8 + 4 children under 10)||12 July to 30 Nov 2021|
|Midweek rate per night Sundays-Thursdays ( LOW)||R11 000|
|Fridays,Saturday’s, public holidays,School holidays & long weekends (HIGH)||R13 000|
|01 Feb 2021 - 10 Apr 2021|
|Midweek rate per night Sundays-Thursdays ( LOW)||R9 265|
|Fridays, Saturday’s, public holidays, School holidays & long weekends (PEAK)||R10 625|
Self Catering Lodges
The thatched lodge comprises 4 air-conditioned bedrooms with a king-size bed and a child-only sleeper couch in each. Each room has an en-suite bathroom with a shower, bath, toilet and basin, as well as an outdoor shower. The main area includes an open-plan kitchen, lounge and dining area. The kitchen is equipped for self-catering with a fridge, an oven and stove, and a microwave, as well as a Nespresso machine and an ice machine. There is a TV with selected DStv channels in the lounge, and the lodge is equipped with free Wi-Fi throughout. The lodge features a lovely braai area, a swimming pool and a Jacuzzi for guests to enjoy.
- Indulge in the luxury of having the lodge to yourself and your guests as our professional game ranger guides you through one of the richest diversities of fauna and flora in Africa. Game drive starting times are flexible as you have use of a private safari vehicle.
- Game drives are conducted in a 4 x 4 Safari vehicle on the 2000 hectare Black Rhino Game Reserve, which is open to the 55 000 hectare Pilanesberg National Park allowing the Big 5 and other endangered species such as African Wild Dog, Cheetah and Black Rhino to roam free.
- Note: Maximum capacity on the vehicle is 10 guests.
ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
- Available by prior arrangement with Nkala, at an additional charge. Please enquire when booking
- Guided morning bush walks
- Golf at the nearby championship Gary Player and Lost City golf courses
- Hot-air balloon flights over Pilanesberg
- Mountain Biking
- Sun City Day Trips
- Outing to Predator world
From Johannesburg, take the R512 past Hartbeespoort Dam and exit onto the N4 toward Rustenburg
From Pretoria, take the N1 north and exit onto the N4 toward Rustenburg
- Continue along the N4, take R556 (Sun City / Pilanesberg National Park) exit
- Turn right at the stop, proceed onto the R556 and continue on towards Sun City
- Pass the Sun City gate and Sun Village Shopping Centre (both on the right)
- At the four-way stop turn right onto R565 Derdepoort Road
- Continue on for approx. 27mk - the entrance to Black Rhino Game Reserve is in the right
- Sign in at the main gate and they will direct you to Tambotie Forest Lodge
- Private Game Drive Ranger and Vehicle
- Swimming Pool
- 4 Stand-alone Suites
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- 4 Single Sleeper Couches
- Accommodation exclusive use
- a private game ranger and Safari vehicle and two guided game drives per day (2.5hrs each)
- Daily housekeeping services
- Firewood & Ice
- Daily park and conservation fees
- All food and drink items
- Staff Tips
Please note the Game Drive vehicle can only accommodate 10 guests at a time ( even small children need their own seat) according to the BR Reserve rules. So if you are more people you will have to take turns.
Our Policy States that children of all ages are welcome on the gamedrive, but at the discretion of the ranger. When you are on game drive and go into an animal sighting it is imperative for everyone’s safety that all guests can remain still and quiet.
No self driving is allowed in the Black Rhino Reserve.
Groceries for your stay can be bought on the way at Hartebeespoort Dam or Rustenburg Waterfall Mall ( Checkers and Woolworths)
The closest airport is Lanseria (Johannesburg), roughly 2,5hours drive from the lodge. If you are flying by private charter/plane you can arrange landing at Pilanesberg airport which is a 30min drive from the lodge Transfers: Guests can organize their own or contacts us for recommendations
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE:
Tambotie is an exclusive use lodge,you have to book all the suites at the lodge for a minimum of 2 nights.
We can accommodate 8 guests at Tambotie (any child that has already turned 10 counts towards that total, any under 10yrs old can stay over and above 8 allowance) This is non-negotiable not because we don’t have space but we are governed by the Black Rhino Game Reserve and they limit the number of guests permitted. Max occupancy for Tambotie if including children under 10yrs is 12 guests. 8 in beds and 4 on single sleeper couches.
Check-in: 14:00 to 19:00
For all bookings made within 30 days of travel
Full payment Is required within 48 hours of your booking. This payment can be made via bank transfer or credit card (Master/Visa).
For all bookings made more than 30 days of travel
A 50% deposit Is required within 48 hours of your booking and the balance 30 days prior to arrival. This payment can be made via bank transfer or credit card (Master/Visa).
- More than 1 month before check-in: 50% deposit refunded
- More than 2 weeks before check-in: 25% deposit refunded
- Less than 2 weeks before check-in: 0% deposit refunded
- Refunds where agreed are subject to a 10% administration fee.
Tamboeti Forest Gallery