If you are short on time or perhaps you would like a quick insight into what Pilanesberg National Park can offer, the 1 day tour is a great option.
Have you found yourself with a day to spare in the smoke? Or perhaps needing a break from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Take a timeout in the Pilanesberg National Park with our 1-say tour to explore this Big 5 game reserve and get back in touch with nature.
Pilanesberg National Park is only a 2-hour drive from Johannesburg, which makes it the perfect destination for you to spot some fantastic wildlife and soak in the incredible scenery in just a short space of time.
What to Expect
A delicious light lunch
Transport for the duration of the safari
2 game drive in open safari vehicle
Climate and Weather conditions
Summer- October to March is when the area sees a significant amount of rainfall. Temperatures are expected to be between 26 °C and 30 °C.
Winter- This is known to be the best time to visit the park. During the period around July to October, animals in the park are easier to spot and spend longer feeding. It is also mating season which is definitely worth seeing. Days are generally warm and clear.
- Collection from and return to Johannesburg, Da Vinci Hotel
- 2 game drives (2 - 3 hours each)
- Entrance fee into Pilanesberg
- Game drives in open safari vehicles
- Light lunch
- All beverages
- It is important to note that this is not a private safari and more than likely there will be other guests joining you on the game drive vehicles, air-conditioned mini bus transfer vehicles as well as during mealtimes.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari.
- We recommend that you stay over in Johannesburg after the day tour. Since we cannot guarantee our arrival time in Johannesburg we cannot be held responsible for re-imbursements of flight tickets, should we arrive later than expected.
Full Day: Johannesburg – Pilanesberg – Johannesburg
06.30 JHB, Da Vinci Hotel, departure for Pilanesberg
09:00 Approximate arrival in Pilanesberg
09:30 Morning game drive (2 – 3 hours)
12:00 A light lunch at a selected lodge
13:00 Afternoon game drive (2 – 3 hours)
15:30 Return transfer to JHN
18:00 Approximate arrival in JHB, Da Vinci Hotel
* Please note that all game drive are conducted in open safari vehicles and will depart regardless of the weather conditions
* The above itinerary times are approximate timeline only and may vary
* Pick up location is flexible for groups
|1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019||R2 250 per person sharing (Minimum 2 guests)|
10 or more guests (groups) on Request
For queries and bookings on Pilanesberg 1 Day Safari, please contact us on +27 (0)87 820 7141 or dial Ext. 583 from within the Sun City complex.