The Pilanesberg camp is made up of eight safari tents; each equipped with comfortable beds, luxurious linen, camp chairs, electricity, carpeted flooring and large windows with mosquito nets. Tents are made up of two single beds and are equipped with a fan to cool you down in summer and electric blankets to warm you up in winter. The communal bathrooms, a short walk from the campsite, and safari tents are serviced daily. Each tent has a small deck overlooking the communal fire pit – set up in front of the tented lounge and dining area, where we'll serve you an amazing dinner before roasting marshmallows, laughing and telling stories around the campfire.
Please see a little bit of information regarding the camp:
- Our camp is based at Manyane Resort, Pilanesberg National Park, within the Manyane Resort camping grounds.
- Check in is at 14h00, with check out being at 11h00.Dinner is served at the Camp once guests have returned from the scheduled game drives (drives return around 20h00 approximately); and breakfast is served at the Manyane Resort Restaurant (between 08h00 and 11h00 over weekends; 10h00 on weekdays).
- The game drive departures are at 05h30 and 16h30 (summer – September to end April) and 06h00 and 16h00 (winter – May to end August) and our guests should be ready at the vehicle 15 minutes prior to departure.Game drives are approximately 3 hours in duration.If the reservation is on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis only, game drives can also be booked directly at the camp at a rate of R450 per person per drive. Tented Adventures have credit card facilities for Visa and Mastercard (we do not handle cash).It is always advisable to bring warm/waterproof clothing for the game drives, please (for the winter months – jackets, scarves, gloves, beanies etc).
- With regards to drinks – we only provide tea/coffee/water at our camp, with wine at dinner. Please do bring your own refreshments (alcoholic too) (although there is a small shop in the camping site and also the bar at the main resort if necessary). We have a fridge to keep all the items cold.
- Our ablution facilities are within the Manyane Resort camping site, close to us, and they are shared with the camping grounds – we do provide bath towels.
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool facilities at Manyane Resort – but please bring your own swimming towels.
- There are a number of routes to get to Manyane Resort, depending also on where you are coming from.The GPS coordinates are:25°15'19.5"S 27°13'16.0"E.I have attached a link below from Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport.
Important to note, please - once you arrive at Security at Manyane Resort, they will direct you to Reception.Please, do not have go to the Manyane Resort Reception (we are a private camp within their camping grounds).When driving into Manyane Resort the road forks; follow the right hand fork into the camping grounds and we are the first tents as you enter the camping area on the right hand side of the road.Parking can be found at the further end of our Camp.Should you require assistance, please call us on 076 146 1468 and we can direct you.
Upon confirmation of a reservation, we would also require the following information:
- Names and Surnames of all guests
- Any specific dietary requirements, allergies or medical conditions
- Expected time of arrival
- Expected time of departure
- Mode of transport to the lodge
- Contact numbers while travelling
- Any special occasion you are celebrating (if birthday or anniversary, please supply date)
- Any special requests?
- Do you have any special interests (Photography / Birding / Big 5)