Mongena Game Lodge
4 Star private lodge
Mongena Private Game Lodge, situated within the Dinokeng Game Reserve, is a 4 Star private lodge a mere 90 minute drive from OR Tambo International Airport and 40 minutes from Pretoria. This hidden gem spans a total of 8000ha of pristine bushveld which is not only home to the Big 5 which includes black rhino, but also an abundant birdlife and diverse general plains game population. Sundowner boat cruises provide an alternative game viewing option—be on the look out for our resident hippos and crocodiles, whilst morning and evening game drives are conducted on custom built 10-seat game viewers. The lodge is able to accommodate up to 60 guests in shared accommodation, whilst central guest facilities include a bar, lounge, swimming pool, main dining area, and BOMA.
Accommodation is in form of 24 rooms configured as follows: 18 standard rooms accommodating 36 guests & 6 family units accommodating 24 guests. The rooms are positioned under an umbrella of indigenous trees surrounded by landscaped gardens with the resident Zebra, Nyala and Springbok making an appearance. Each unit has a shower, tea/coffee making facilities, mini-safe, hairdryer, and flat screen television (limited satellite programmes).
Baby cots are available on request.
- Game Drives
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rands • Subject to availability•|
|Details||01 Dec 2022 to 30 Nov 2023|
|Standard Twin ( 1 and. 2 guests - Adult Sharing) |
Family Room (3 - 4 guests)
|R 3 240|
|Standard Twin ( 1 and. 2 guests - Adult Single) |
Family Room (3 - 4 guests)
|R 4 870|
|Standard Twin (Child 3-11 yrs Sharing with 2 adults) |
FULL BOARD: Dinner, bed and breakfast, light lunch including 2 wildlife activities (game drive or boat cruise) per day
EXCLUDING DRINKS WITH MEALS AND DINOKENG CONSERVATION LEVY
Look at our Special Offers for SA Residents under our special offers section!
- Morning & Evening Game Drives
- Sundowner Boat Cruise (subject to availability)
- Guided Bush Walks (subject to availability)
Mongena Private Game Lodge offers accommodation in 24 air-conditioned en suite rooms (single, double/twin or family accommodation) positioned in beautiful indigenous landscaped gardens accommodating a total of 60 guests in sharing accommodation close to Pretoria. Each unit has a shower, coffee/tea making facilities, room safe, hairdryer, flat screen television set with satellite TV programmes and a room turn-down service at night. 6 of the 18 twin rooms and all 6 family rooms offer a bathroom with bathtub and shower. (Click to view our room descriptions).
All chalets are well positioned amidst rolling lawns and indigenous landscaping in close proximity to the Tshukudu breakfast restaurant, Kingfisher a la carte Restaurant, pool and Tshukudu bar area. The tame Zebra's, Nyala's and Springbucks residing in the main camp are delighting all guests with their presence and have become a favourite trademark of Mongena. The lodge also has a wheelchair friendly twin room with a paraplegic bathroom facility. Wifi is available at certain hotspots around the lodge.
Baby cots are available and baby feeding chairs are provided in the dining areas.
- Swimming pool
- Lounge area
- Indoor dining & bar
- Free Wi-Fi
BUSH SAFARI & GAME DRIVES
Experience the African bush with our qualified rangers and trackers on our well-maintained fleet of game safari vehicles. We offer 5 guided game drives per day during the summer months and 4 during the winter months (times vary according to season) taking you to the best lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, cheetah and hippo sightings imaginable. Other species one can expect to see are Giraffe, Eland, Kudu, Impala, Zebra, Blue Wildebeest (Gnu), Red Hartebeest, Tsessebe, Waterbuck, Warthog, Black-backed Jackal, Crocodile, Ostrich, Aardwolf, Aardvark, Brown Hyena, Caracal, Serval, Porcupine, Genet (small-spotted and large-spotted) and the occasional Leopard.
One early morning and One late afternoon wildlife activity daily plus high tea in the afternoon is included in the fully inclusive package.
Mongena safari vehicles are in a privileged position to be able to traverse over 8 000 hectares of indigenous bush vegetation increasing the chances of good animal sightings.
No own vehicles are allowed on the roads of Mongena Private Game Lodge except access from the main gate to the main camp.
Snacks consisting of dry wors/biltong, potato crisps, nuts and dried fruit and 1 x standard choice of soft drink, beer, house wine, cider, juice or water per adult/child is included in this activity. Additional drinks are available and will be billed afterwards. Spirits are optional billable items and need to be pre-ordered at least 1 hour before departure.
- Includes Dinner, bed and breakfast, light lunch including 2 wildlife activities (game drive or boat cruise subject to availability) per day
- Rates are per person sharing per night
- Child rate: 50 % of the adult sharing rate when sharing in same room with one or two 2 adults,
- Children aged 2 years and under not allowed on guided game drives; stay for free in available beds; optional baby cot rental @ R150 ppn
- For all bookings made within 30 days of travel
- Full payment Is required within 48 hours of your booking. This payment can be made via bank transfer or credit card (Master/Visa).
- For all bookings made more than 30 days of travel
- A 50% deposit Is required within 48 hours of your booking and the balance 30 days prior to arrival. This payment can be made via bank transfer or credit card (Master/Visa)
- If the reservation is cancelled less than 14 days prior to arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- If cancelled 7 days or less prior to arrival a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- If a booking is cancelled after confirmation, a 25% cancellation fee will apply regardless .
- 40 minute drive from Pretoria
- Located in Big 5 Dinokeng Game Reserve
- Qualified Rangers & Trackers
- Incredible Game Safari in South Africa
- 28 hectare dam